View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #33
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
My apologies. The quote was not only intelligent, but explains nicely the struggle to conduct meaningful dialogue on faith with those who are devout. I don't know whether Fus is sincere or just trolling, but I think it's amusing to see that with just the slightest provocation, people start rolling up into prickly little hedgehog balls.

Robin's experience with the Church sounds quite similar to my own. At some point I realized that I just didn't belong. I often tell my wife that while I don't believe that the Church is true, I don't discount the possibility that it could be true. But I add that even if it were true, It's not something that I really want to be a part of. God may indeed be playing a cosmic game of hide-and-seek with us, but it's a game that I don't enjoy and one that I choose not play.
Actually, everybody was rather pleasant and willing to opine on his questions at first. The fact that these answers brought more questions and more drilling from Fussy is no reason to disdain him. The man has to find answers to his questions.

But, UtahDan's point remains valid. If these are sincere questions, he should work them out either by himself or with ecclisastical leaders. As long as he can answer all of the temple recommend questions in the right way, I have no problem with the man. If he is lying and still going to the temple and about to get married there....well that is very unfortunate indeed.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote