View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #15
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Good news is that today was my first weigh-in after starting this and I lost 7.5 lbs.

Bad news is I have the flu and have been derailed. At least I'm not eating much.
Sorry about the flu FM, but congrats on the weight loss. I am officially on your bandwagon.

My wife has been chastising me for the past year to lose weight. I am 65 lbs over my ideal weight. She herself has been kicking my trash by changing here lifestyle and has lost so much weight her level of hotness has increased ten fold

This morning I went out for my first run. I right these words as I hack up everything that has settled in my lungs over the past who knows how many years. I also realized why it is so hard for me to lose weight. I need to achieve something. Losing weight mentally doesn't count with me personally. So crazy or not I have decided that I will be ready to participate in my first triathlon by fall 2008. I know that if I put my sites on accomplishing something like this, the weight will leave me and I won't be thinking about it all the time. I will just be thinking about being able to perform in the race.

Having recently tied my consultancy with a financial services company I attended a conference in Salt Lake. One of the uber producers who is also an independent ripped into all of us who were overweight. He said that we needed to be examples to our clients. We should all be in the best shape we possibly can. I felt my ears burning knowing he was right.

If there is anyone who knows a decent Olympic distance tri along the Wasatch that takes place in September/October feel free to make suggestions.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote