View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #105
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Maybe I'm not being clear enough. I'm not sure if what they did in South Africa was proper or not, but you used it in the apparent attempt to show how wrong the ban and all that attended it was.

My point is the larger issue that God had or does have policies that would appear to be racist or sexist or any other -ist to some people. What was done in South Africa is completely irrelevant in that regard.
I suspect his intent, as was the intent of my original post, was to point to the absurd lengths to which Church leaders went to try to administer the policy. At some point, one must look around at the absurdity and wonder whether or not the current path might not be wrong. I'm inclined to believe that all those absurdities played a role in the awakening that led to the 1978 revelation.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.

Last edited by myboynoah; 05-11-2007 at 10:01 AM.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote