View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 01:35 AM   #38
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
From Bill Simmons latest article:

A: I swear this happened: For the final shot of the first half, Kobe spotted Salvatore on the right side in front of the Lakers' bench, then drove right so he could be as close as possible to the ref if there was any contact. ... Of course, Salvatore obliged with a quick whistle for him. When a referee is affecting basketball decisions specifically by his particular place on the court, you know he has accomplished something special in life.

Also in the Spurs series, Kobe fought hard through a pick where Bowen was being very physical, getting the ball at the elbow, he palms the ball, turns to the ref and says something about Bowen being physical, then turns pulls up for a jumpshot, Bowen puts a hand in his face and they call a foul. The replayed showed Kobe was not touched.

That is the NBA that the fans want. Jazz fans are in the same boat I have heard the following comments (or similar ones) on numerous occassions.

"Deron will get those calls after a few years in the league"
"Dwill is a superstar he should get that call going to the rim"
"Brewer will be able to play a lot more physical after he earns some respect"
I have no problem with superstars getting their calls.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote