View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 10:27 PM   #42
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
Like I said, the cop may or may not have been in the wrong. I can't speak to that.

I will even agree that the officer was in the wrong for the purposes of this discussion. That doesn't change my overall sentiment that the guy deserved to be tased. At some point, people have to be held responsible for their actions rather than blaming anyone and anything for the misfortune in their lives.

Was the cop power hungry? Possibly. Did the cop make a grave mistake that could cost him his job? Perhaps.

Could the situation have been avoided if the guy would have simply complied with the police officer's requests? (requests that wouldn't have hurt anybody and were very simple to obey, btw - it's not as if the cop was asking the guy to perform fellatio on him) Definitely.

Why test the cop? It's just ludicrous to even go there. It's like treating a McDonald's employee rudely and then being shocked when he spits a loogie in your hamburger.
I agree that the guy was stupid to test the cop, but I really feel like the man's attitude is irrelevant. He did nothing that should have made the cop think that tasing him was a good idea. Again, every citizen of this country should have the right be a humongous jackass. Cops enforce laws, not attitudes. The guy probably deserves to get smacked upside the head by his friends and family for being a dumbass, but the cop had no right to do anything of the sort.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote