View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #40
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
I agree that the numbers can be skewed, but why would I take them with a grain of salt? We live and die by our call center data. It's gone over with a fine tooth comb daily. We get the pulse of our customers through that data. And over a six month trend, with commercials telling me to call DTV and Dish, and missing another football season, under 3,500 calls made is screaming scary data if you are Craig Thompson. That data dictates where money is spent. Additional training, additional scripting, commericals, web spends, etc. If you take that with a grain of salt you're sticking your head in the sand. That's what the MWC has done throughout this entire ordeal.
'Taken with a grain of salt' meaning there are many factors involved that can affect the overall impact of a deal such as the Mtn.

Of the 100,000 people 'interested' in a certain channel (the number pulled from where the sun don't shine, for use in this argument), what percentage actually make the call to tell you how they feel? Let's just assume it's 10% (which is probably an overestimation, IMO). Now, how many of that 10% are able to find the RIGHT number to call, and then actually get through to the right location where they can give their information?

Then, you're relying on the person taking the data (I'll leave it to you to determine how often a 'mistake' is made in this case) to do so correctly.

Lastly, factor in the fact that MANY potential customers have given up by this point (persistence is NOT most American's strong suit), and I think you'll find far more subscriptions brought about by the Mtn than were indicated by the number of requests.

That is what I meant by 'grain of salt'.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote