View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #30
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
You know, Dan, I have a hard time believing that your ward is so mundane as to provide little to no spiritual nourishment 90% of the time. There are bad and boring talks, but if you're having this much difficulty so consistently, maybe you ought to look at your attitude a little more closely.
I don't think this is necessarily fair. It's been hard for me, recently, to really feel the spirit when I'm trying to keep my 8-month-old from disrupting the class any more than is necessary. And that has nothing to do with attitude.

I've also had teachers who were simply so bloody boring I couldn't listen to them for more than a few minutes before my mind started wandering. It's tough to feel the spirit frequently in that environment as well.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote