View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #28
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
And I wish gas were $10 a gallon. We need a cultural shift of cataclysmic proportions if we're going to make it here. Suburbs will have to contract, inner-cities rejuvinate, public transportation explode, consumption reduced . . .

An economy driven by uncontrolled consumption, far-flung housing developments connected to cities inefficient concrete is on its way out . . . It has to be if we all want to make here.

I'm for becoming sober as soon as we can. So let's make it hurt.

I'm for the immediate end of sending trillions of dollars into the hands of the Russians, Venezuelans, and Arabs. I'm for keeping that gargantuan amount of capital at home (and not in the form of oil dollars), but in the form of ingenious technology that will power us into the future. I'm for American creativity and entrepreneurship that must and will be unleashed as soon as we remove the chain of foreign oil. Spending the "$$$$" to extract oil on the seas is incredibly inefficient; much better to spend it on American ingenuity and entrepreneurship -- on a Manhattan-type project for new technology. Solar, tidal, geothermal, water (not wind -- migratory bird holocausts; and not biofuel -- in a lot of ways worse than oil) -- we can do it, and we have to do it. For our economy, for our national security, and for the earth.
This is liberal thinking at it's finest .... "we know what's best, the free market be damned."

Sooner or later when presented with facts, they drift off into a utopian stupor.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote