View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 05:15 AM   #23
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
There's one very good reason: it's another shot of crack.

Responses to some of others:

When OPEC ups production, they do it NOW.

Miniscule == miniscule compared to the overall current supply. Putting a twinkie on a shelf full of boxes and boxes of twinkies will not decrease the price of twinkies. Supply and demand. You have to increase supply by a marginal amount. US offshore drilling won't do it.

Perception of oil traders = what will affect their perception more than anything would be policy that would put them on notice: the big kahuna customer is leaving the market. All we're saying now is: give me more crack. You enact Gore's policy of ridding ourselves of oil by 2018 and the price of oil would PLUMMET. (Gore's off his rocker, but it proves the point.)
Here are some actual estimates I posted a while ago. I don't think the word miniscule means what you think it means.

Gore's "policy" is unrealistic, which is why he's off his rocker. And you can use a cute drug euphemism if you want, but like it or not, oil is here to stay for a very long time. Your "no more crack" attitude is what has brought us to $4/gal gasoline.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 07-18-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote