View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
In the home I grew up in, we went through various phases of purchasing and not using exercise equipment. We bought a stationary bike (that got the most use), a treadmill (some use in spurts), and a home total gym 80s style weight set (minimal use).

My wife and I are looking into purchasing an eliptical machine so that we can trim some weight (mine is lazy weight, hers will be baby weight).

I'm curious to know what the general experience of board members is in the exercise equipmant purchasing. Have you found that you get your money's worth? Or is it like every other weight loss plan...it works for a while, but quickly fades?
We had a stationary bike once that got little use. We bought a weight set about five years ago that sat for two years with little use. But I have been using it religiously for the past three years. Some days it is all I can do to muster the discipline to work out, but I like the way I feel.

I would like to get a treadmill for the winter months and put it in the TV room, but my wife is not thrilled with the idea. So we run at the indoor track.