View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
Anthesian

Anthesian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The problem is that although a lazy consensus exists for the supposedly appearance based upon comments of supposed contemporary events leads scholars to conclude different timelines for the gospels, I've seen very wide guesses on John from the fifties to the traditional nineties, and Mark is sometimes traced back to the fifties, with Luke and Matthew being in between.

And then we have the Pauline epistle problem. So it's really fancy guesswork.
I understand what you mean. I have been reading the Pauline letters and I have decided what I consider to be authentically Paul.

Authentic:
1 & 2 Corinthians
Philipians
Galatians
Philemon
Romans
1 Thessalonians

Fraudulent:
Ephesians
2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
Titus
Colossians

The tone and attitudes in the fraudulent letters are very different from the authentic. I spoke with Dr. Metzger at Princeton about this. He agrees with some of my assumptions. The only authentic letter,IMO, that he disagrees with is 1 Thessalonians. He thinks it is fraudulent as well.

The woman caught in adultery deserves the stoning she didn't get. Jesus...why did you have to stick your nose where it didn't belong?
Anthesian is offline   Reply With Quote