View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 04:51 AM   #6
Anthesian

Anthesian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The significant amount of liberal biblical scholarship posits this premise, but given the problems with establishing anything biblical, no conclusions have been reached. What are you looking for?
I agree. Essentially, I'm trying to recognize and understand the effects of a possibly fabricated story this is 2000 years old.

Is the abstract idea we call 'faith' enough? Faith lacks physical merit. I'm okay with that. Is it possible that we allow a possibly fictional story to dictate the way we live our lives?

The idea of a 'testimony' which is based solely on that warm fuzzy feeling in our chest isn't enough either. It isn't a blanket that keeps us warm but a blanket that clouds our vision of a possible truth instead of supposed known truth.

To the point...What if Jesus isn't who we have been told he was? I'm not trying to create doubt. I will leave that up to the individual. But what does this mean for Christianity? What course do we choose if this is true?

Or is Nietzche right when he stated that the only true Christian died on the cross and the rest are all hypocrites? Does this mean that Christianity died with the supposed son of God?

These are just things I have been thinking about from my NT class and my philosophy class.

The woman caught in adultery deserves the stoning she didn't get. Jesus...why did you have to stick your nose where it didn't belong?
Anthesian is offline   Reply With Quote