Thread: Perspective
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I am amazed at all of the gloom and doom today on the b-ball team. Sure, they played crappy at times, but they were reasonably close to the #6 team in the country. On the road no less!

Here is exhibit A of what I am talking about:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthr...ball#post35017

Not to pick on Archaea, but there was some serious anxiety and blood-letting at the beginning of the football season. And now Mike and other are saying that the b-ball team will never be as good as the current football team. Perhaps. But it it way, way too early to tell.

Don't be tricked by the close score for most of the game. We played awful in every aspect of the game except for making a bunch of 3's.

I agree with you in that you can't judge a whole season by one game. We know this team _should_ be pretty good. They were good last year and have everyone back. College players improve year to year so this ought to be a good team. I was just very disappointed with the play.

UCLA may be #6, but I expect us to be about #40 and maybe better. The #40 team shouldn't look like a girls junior high team even when they play an opponent like that.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote