View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #24
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I actually am unaware so my response here would be just a guess.

I also have no problem with the hypothesis that suicide is a genetic pre-disposition. That is not outlandish.

However, like with all other pre-dispositions, do you not agree that external variables influence the likelihood of acting upon said disposition?

Living in a culture where non-conformity results in spiritual, social, emotional, and often physical ostracization is likely not a healthy alternative for those who are genetically pre-disposed to suicide.
Because I am not an expert in the field of suicide, I am unable to determine without further study what are the correlative aspects which contribute to suicide. Now if it is a course of Mike's study, he should be more aware of which aspects are. Yet he is not phrasing his opposition to one part of mainstream Church culture in a very professional manner, so it looks to me as if he's just winging it.

If gay behavior is all genes, then we must conclude that suicidal behavior is also all genetic to follow the current mode of logic in this thread.