View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Isn't all heavy metal about devil worship?

Some of my childhood memories include dramatic incidents of my friends telling me about KISS being an acronym for Knights In Satan's Service, WASP standing for We Are Satan's People, and the song Mr. Roboto containing subliminal lyrics commanding people to worship Satan. For a while it seemed as if devil worshipping was quite popular in the music community.
I should have qualified my question with "apart from the fact that all rock is about devil worship." Btw, no offense or anything, but except in a 'punny' sense, Mr Roboto is not even close to heavy metal, IMO. In fact, Styx is more like bad broadway theatre (and bear in mind I was in a cover band that covered at least 10 Styx songs, so I know whereof I speak) than it is like heavy metal, but I digress.

When I was a DJ we had these cool turntables that you could play backwards and, having nothing better to do with my life, I spent a number of hours listening to certain Beatles tunes for "Paul is Dead" and to certain Rolling Stones songs for anything to do with the devil. I never heard any of it. I could never find anythign close to a message in any of this stuff.