View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 03:58 AM   #9
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

I experienced BYU tailgating when I was in SLC last weekend. The webmonkey and I went down to see what it was like and to hopefully frighten Y'zGuy away. Anyway when we went there was food it was catered by Lons. Good food, but IMO the best way to tailgate is to cook your food on site.

The problem with the whole thing is not the lack of alcohol consumption but it is just not something the University wants to promote. There is not a dedicated tailgating lot so you just have a few scattered people here and there. Its an alright time but it really isn't an event. It will probably never change there.

I'm with Parrothead I do love tailgating and that is one of the things that I miss most about Utah is tailgating before the Ute games and going to the games. Maybe I will have to go down to a Oregon game to get my fix sometime later in the year. Oh and Parrothead I'm sorry that you live in Eugene I would not wish that on my worst enemy, unless my worst enemy was a hippy. Then again if my worst enemy was a hippy he/she would probably want to live in Eugene so therefore I wouldn't wish it on them.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote