View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 09:24 AM   #45
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
This link is interesting for non-Iranians and summarizes in a very brief form the history of the Islamic Republic.

https://iranprimer.usip.org/resource/challenge-iran
Thanks for the link. Sorry I should have got back to your post sooner but life is a little hectic here. We are dealing with starvation in Iran, you know!

I couldn’t go through all the parts but i read what you chose to share in here about following the clergies. It needs a little clarification/correction. The case is, as a Shia muslim, you have to be either an expert or choose an expert in your day to day religious tasks and in doing so you have to do an extensive and comprehensive research in order to find someone worth following and you have to come up with the best. And you will be held accountable if you choose the clergy or follow his orders “blindly” as it is being mentioned in the excerpt you chose to share.

The clergies, who are eligible to be followed, are constantly being challenged by new ideas and cases and they have to come up with the proper answers for their followers. They have an updated version of their original book (Resale) every other then called ( Isteftaat) which are compilation of the answers to the new questions.