View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #17
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I must admit I found this board quite by accident after a conversation with a ward clerk. I am not an apostate from CougarBoard so not a part of that particular refugee camp. Yet I have found this site to contain a generally high quality of repartee and a good mix of opinions. Personal attacks are minimal and nothing that can't be handled.

More and more, however, it sounds like CG is essentially a little sister to CB. Is the real raison d'etre of CG to serve as a CB auxiliary? Was CG founded to be exclusively a haven for disenchanted CB'ers? Most importantly, is a single woman with a "Yewt" undergrad, a passing interest in football and a liberal religious bent simply out of place here? Be honest, I don't want to be a parody or continue to waste my time and yours. Perhaps a simple mission statement would suffice.
I don't know about the purpose or history. I can only speak for myself. I am too old to be in an environment where everyone including myself has a daddy or mommy looking over their shoulder to make sure they are not embarassing the family.

Why do I enjoy and get in on the CB discussions. Well as a kid I was an athlete. We used to make fun of the kids who wore their high achievement seminary pins around. I guess I just haven't ever grown up.

By the way Tex and Lingo and BDB, I liked those kids, but I still teased them a lot.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote