View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #10
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Here's a Memphis newspaper article from May 19th. Dennis Dodd of CBS who hasn't exactly been a proponent of BYU throughout this (note the slam about the "failed" independent run. He already has an ax to grind because BYU took several million more from ESPN and left his employer CBS behind to go independent) is quoted below that BYU has been "very agressive." I don't think there is any solid evidence out there that supports the cynical idea that BYU's leadership doesn't really care about joining the Big 12. It may not happen, but the thought that it won't because the administration or the BoT are against it or indifferent, I think comes mostly from people trying to stir the pot.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/spor...380136761.html

"The (administrators) at BYU tell me they've been doing the exact same thing (as Cincinnati), (but) just not crowing about it," Dodd said. "You can't (request) public records at BYU (a private university).

"But BYU has been very aggressive. They have been desperate to get into a conference since this failed independent run."

Last edited by BlueK; 05-23-2016 at 06:38 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote