View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
dominating at Spring Practice?

I'm not. Our dbs are solid, but the more solid one's are currently injured. Further, Austin Collie is just good. He was a stud as a freshman and he will be good as a sophmore.

As a junior and senior he will be spectacular.

But he came home fat blah blah blah. Once you had fat, you won't ever go back! The kid is just good.

And no, I don't think Mike Reed will have more catches or more receiving yards. I expect Mike Reed to be a good role player and have 25-35 receptions in this offense. The only one I really believe will have in excess of 40 catches is Austin Collie. I also think one of the tight ends will, I just don't know which one.

Austin is one of those rare mormon boys that BYU should never have nabbed. BYU can grow tight ends on trees, but genuine NFL caliber wide outs happen at BYU about as often as the Orem High Prom Queen gets nailed on Prom night. I would rather have an NFL caliber running back like Luuuuuke at the BYU as the non-NFL caliber wide outs mixed with some NFL caliber tight ends are more than adequate. But hey, if anyone knows the Collies, I will take Austin and plan to emulate my favorite uhhhhh "actress," the ever vivacious Jenna Jameson, as she, with great emotion, shouts to the god's...MORE!!MORE!!MORE!!

or something like that....
No I am not surprised in the least. Collie's a stud. I wouldn't have been surprised had he struggled because that happens sometimes. But I expected him to get back to form quickly.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote