View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #122
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I was feeling the same way that Jay was feeling and exact opposite to what Tex portrayed. The whole argument on one side was how can you question that there aren't more nonwhites as GAs or apostles. These men have been prepared and that is the way it is and we shouldn't even wonder why there aren't more non-US GAs and apostles. Then, you hear that the only reason we are discussing it is as Lingo said 'it must be white guilt.'

Indy makes a terrific point and others have made it as well...the church is kind of stuck right now in that the turnover is so low among these leaders. But I truly believe over the next 10-15 years as the leadership turns over, the church will start calling nonUS men into these positions...this will only help the church in growth, understanding and yes, even PR.
Heh, fair enough. Maybe what it boils down to is me taking Arch about as serious as I take SU. Then I won't get worked up.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote