View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #7
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Women's and men's volleyball are both in pretty good shape. The women's team that played for the national championship has most of the team back and supposedly has a very good recruiting class coming in.

Women's soccer is quite good. Last year was supposed to be a down/rebuilding year, and it was in the sense that they didn't win an NCAA game, but they at least got there. They also recruited well and this year they're looking to be very good. We'll see.

Women's softball? Not bad. They win their league pretty much every year and make the NCAA tournament where sometimes they win a few games and sometimes they don't. Haven't made the super regionals yet but they don't usually just flame out either.

Baseball I think is going to get better and I think is coming out of over a decade of administrative neglect that allowed them to keep Law around for so long with so little to show for it. I don't know how to explain it other than the administration for years just didn't care. I have have a hard time seeing any BYU coach in any other sport ever being allowed to have such mediocre performance for so long. It was weird.

Football, I don't know. Against this schedule it's going to be tough. It could go either way, The offense should be pretty good. The defense historically when Bronco has run it has been efficient and solid. If the D can at least be adequate I can see us having a pretty good year, but the schedule looks pretty hard. If this were an MWC schedule with this same team I think we're looking at 10-11 wins, but then what would that really mean? I just want to see good games and I want to see us beat one or two of the big name opponents along with everyone else we should beat and I guess I'll be ok with that.

In basketball I guess Rose isn't THAT far ahead of where Reid was for a few years. But he's for sure sustained it longer than Reid did before it crashed and burned. I always was pretty supportive of Roger Reid, even after he started having trouble, but there's no question in my mind that Dave Rose is way better overall and the program is in better shape than it's ever been. He does have the sweet 16 year in spite of losing Davies. That's a pretty nice accomplishment. We went 17 years without a single NCAA win and he now has 4. Granted, I'd like a lot more, but I am getting excited about the players we have coming in.

Last edited by BlueK; 06-11-2015 at 08:20 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote