View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #17
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
That's probably where I'd land things too. I was Ward Clerk for a long time of a very transient ward. That wasn't too enjoyable keeping up with all that. I spent most of the 2nd and 3rd hours in the clerks office and running around the building. Plus our ward was so small I didn't have a finance clerk so I had to stay to do tithing each week. Not to mention sit in on the bishopric meetings before church. I'd spend 5-6 hours at church each Sunday and still have to go in to the office probably every other week on Tuesday or Wednesday for an hour or so.
I really enjoyed Ward Clerk with the new software. I spend Sundays going to the meetings, and then one evening a week keeping up on stuff and had no other responsibility. I mean how many callings let you play on the computer? It's much better with better quality computers, and trying to figure out the new program iterations. Plus we had great membership and financial clerks. Getting the groups to report their numbers was easy and entering even easier. We implemented many reforms, such as placing lost members in a SLC area to get them off our records.