View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 06:16 AM   #30
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I have great appreciation for high quality music, this is why I hate the Beatles.

Give me a John Coltrane, Sun Ra, Ornette Coleman, Miles Davis over the Beatles anyday. If I want to listen to rock I can also find several better options than the Beatles, a little soul in music is always a good thing and the Beatles have no soul

The only good thing that has come from the Beatles is some jazz musicians have done arrangements of their music.
TO say you prefer jazz over pop/rock is fine. To say you think no pop/rock qualifies as "high quality music" is defensible, in a certain internally consistent way, perhaps. But to say that the Beatles suck, as opposed to any other pop/rock is rather silly. They are the epitome of pop/rock.

I love jazz. But the beatles are great. The bridged the worlds of the big bopper and mozart. They fused styles of music and contributed to social changes that resulted in ideas we are still arguing about even here int he world of CG. You are a bright guy so I conclude you must be trolling.