View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 04:21 AM   #8
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
And I think he's admitted that it really began in his mid 30's that he noted a decline especially in these areas. His agility and quickness is far from what it used to be. But he's strong as ever.
This is the only thing about my 30's where I've noticed a difference from my 20's. I can't remember EVER having tendonitis in my 20's. Now, unless I'm uber diligent with my pre-workout routine I'm destined for tendonitis somewhere. I've been especially vulnerable with my itb, something I never had a problem with before. But overall, I still feel like a stronger more fit person than I did in my 20's.

I love hearing that your dad is still strong in his 50's. I love to lift weights, and though I'm not strong compared to your dad, I do pretty well with what little God gave me in that area. It's fun to think I could still be enjoying such activity into my 50's.

Mike, re: your dad (I still haven't figured out how to quote from multiple posts yet), I once rode a 60 miler with a man in his late 60's. It was a tough ride with some of the better riders in our town doing their Long Slow Distance which required those of us mere mortals to be at full speed trying to keep up. At the end of the day, he was right there with us and seemed to feel better than I did.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote