View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I'm sure for people like you who were good enough to compete in college it's easy to reach a point where you won't get better than you were. That point likely comes right after college. Do you find though that when you pick up something new (ie cycling for you) that you can make gains continuously and stay interested?
Yes I do. When I finally accepted that I wasn't good enough to continue with baseball, I started golfing and love to play it.

I'm really starting to enjoy cycling. Right now, I only ride three times a week about 20-25 miles each ride, but I feel so much better during the day after an early morning ride that I'm going to start riding 5 times a week at the same mileage. I don't know if I'll ever have the passion for cycling that I did for baseball and like I now have for golf because I see it as a good way to get and remain in shape. Perhaps the more I ride, the more I'll pursue it to the point where I make gains.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote