View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #19
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Not a dime is coming from tithing per President Hinckley in his closing address on Saturday's Conference.

The church has wealth beyond our comprehension. I mean look at the church's assets in real estate alone. Think of the properties in Hawaii, Hong Kong, DC, Europe, etc.

I like the idea of green space on Main and removing the street for auto access and strictly with a stop for Trax. That seems like a nice buffer between the temple grounds and the new construction of Babylonia. I don't think it's that big a contradiction in terms of the idea of industry that has always been central to Mormon belief and culture. Although I think Nordstroms and Macy's may be perverting that a bit.

Something is needed though. Downtown is dead. I wish someone could redevelop the entire area north of temple square by West HS extending from I-15 to the avenues. I wonder how they keep transients away from the new project. Or do they keep letting them set up camp during the day Pioneer Park? It's a sad sight to behold.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote