View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #15
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Planes flying on VFR DON'T file flight plans, only IFR requires a flight plan. That's small plane pilots, even they are instrument rated, often fly VFR. I would not be surprised if there are some restrictions regarding Manhattan, but you do not appear to be a pilot, nor familiar with flight procedures, air traffic control or reasonable expectations in this arena.

Hoya, in terms of air security, it appears you're out of your league, because your expectations are NOT reasonable.
I am frequently out of my league. But perhaps we have identified yet another area of Archaea's expertise? I can't keep track of them all.

I have been to Manhattan countless times. I have yet to see an airplane flying at 500 feet over the city. I am unaware of any airport on Manhattan itself that a small plane would take off from, leading me to conclude it took off from outside of Manhattan and then flew over the city. This happens dozens of times a week in DC. Whenever it does happen, they first attempt radio contact, then respond with fighter jets. On occasion, the plane gets close to important areas in DC and evacuation procedures take place at those venues. This is extremely rare, though, because the communication and fighter jets usually produces the retreat of the aircraft. Most of those planes are small planes like this one in NYC. Why could DC track them and not NYC?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote