View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #33
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
That's just it, Requiem. This is the thing you are not comprehending. Beck's talk WASN'T addressed to her, for crying out loud. Your mother is perfectly fine to listen to the talk, take away from it what she can, and to the rest say, "for me that's not possible."

Tell me, have you ever heard a talk from a general authority or officer addressed to women in your mother's situation? If you haven't, then like Mike Waters, you haven't been listening. It is not Sister Beck's responsibility to add a little asterisk to every talk she gives saying, "If this doesn't apply to you, please ignore."

And please stop with the "woe is me, I have a brain" stuff.
What you don't understand, my dear little Tex, is that Beck had a unique platform to address all the women in her stewardship. Rather than being inclusive, she focused solely on the stay at home mothers with the clear implication they are God's elect. She wasted a perfect opportunity to reach out to all women.

You and I will never agree on this topic because you are incapable of seeing issues from a woman's point of view. By the way, thanks for the comparison with Mike Waters. I take that as a compliment to free thinkers everywhere.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote