View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I wish I could go see them in person. But wife doesn't want to go and kids are too young. TV it will be I guess.

Go Cougs, crush the Whorns!
Yeah, I would have loved to leave work early today and go see the game in person. In my single days I likely would have. But I am really looking forward to watching on TV tonight and maybe getting my 4 year old daughter to watch a few minutes with me. At the moment I don't have any sons to share my love of BYU sports with, but I have daughters. :-) My 20 month old is too young, but I took the 4 year old to the soccer game at SMU when BYU's womens team came to play. She's still pretty young for going to games with me, but she seems to enjoy them in her way. It's a fun night out with dad whenever it happens, and that's the important thing, I think.

She got to meet some of the BYU players after the game as they were walking off the field and I will say I came away thoroughly impressed with the high quality young women on the team. They were super nice and made my daughter feel like they really were happy she went to see them play -- great representatives of the school, and by extension, the church.

For tonight I'm sure it probably won't be easy to beat Texas, and just getting to this stage is a huge accomplishment. But it sure would be sweet to see a national championship. The mens team is often in the hunt for it, but only about 25 schools have mens teams, while practically all D1 schools have a womens volleyball team. So winning it all would be HUGE.

Last edited by BlueK; 12-18-2014 at 09:42 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote