View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...evitate106.xml

I always like this sort of thing. The idea that what we think or imagine God doing, can be accomplished through scientific application.

Jesus descends from the sky, without ropes or wires. Or levitates from the ground to the heavens.

Maybe in a few decades this will not seem like fantasy or magic.

I say this not to discredit belief in God, but to take us away from the "God is magic" paradigm.

Are we not Gods, or potentially Gods?
I decided this post is actually very clever, a humorous diamond in the rough. It's classic Waters the very smart guy yielding to a penchant to play the class chimp (see also, Waters' current avatar, masturbation threads, and his darkly comical obsession with imminent Second Coming in Missouri). What's so funny is that levitation is actually the most prosaic of Christ's miracles. To One as highly evolved as Christ, levitation would be like adding and subtracting to you and me.

Hey Waters, you be sure and post the articles when scientists figure out the physical properties of walking on water, turning water into wine, making lepers whole, raising to life dead people so far gone their corpses have started to stink, and making yourself wake up from being dead three days.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 08-07-2007 at 08:01 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote