View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #29
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I didn't use the word "energy."
I realized that after the fact, and changed it to "passion." Doesn't affect that content of the post, but point taken.

Quote:
Scozzafava is absolutely a moderate (honestly surprised you would argue to the contrary). That's what Republicans hated most about her (and why they picked Hoffman, who was far from moderate). Conservatives pushed the ultra-conservative Hoffman in opposition to Scozzafava and wound up handing the seat to Democrats.
Republicans did not pick Hoffman. They picked Scozzafava, and not in a primary, as you said. Had an actual primary been held and Hoffman been selected, he would've won that race. This example is a total contrast to what you said.

Quote:
As for Rubio, Rasmussen is the only major poll showing Rubio beating Meek, whereas every poll shows Crist beating Meek. Take your chances with Rubio, please.
Cites, please. And try to keep them recent, if you can find them.

Quote:
As for the others, the point isn't that the incumbent will lose (although perhaps he/she will), but that the tea partiers are doing everything in their power to promote candidates who are less electable in the general than the current party candidate. I say, more power to them. Even if they don't beat the incumbent, they fracture the party.
Cite some evidence that conservatives are doing "everything in their power" to oust Bennett and Kirk.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote