Thread: BBQ help...
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road
Default BBQ help...

I left my BBQ at our old house when we moved a year ago, so my wife's giving me a new one for Father's Day. However, we're building a new house that should be done next summer and have discussed the possibility of a built-in BBQ. Anyone have one of these? My last grill had serious hot and cold spots, which just bugged me to no end, so I'm concerned about this possibility. If I buy a dedicated grill, I can look at Consumer Reports about the evenness of the grilling surface; they don't review built-ins.

Other question: which grill? After long debate (and yes, I know the pros and cons so spare me your opinion of gas vs charcoal), we've decided on a gas grill. The Blue Ember by Fiesta gets really good marks on CR http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/h...ings/index.htm
and is about $300 cheaper than the only grill above it (a Weber). I'm nervous about the Fiesta brand, but this model has gotten really good reviews from lots of owners--it seems to be a departure from the previous Fiesta grills. I know there are Weber die-hards, but you pay a lot for the name. This grill has a rotisserie burner--does anyone every use these? It also has a little smoker tray built in. Someday, we will get a nice smoker, but I think this is a decent compromise--has anyone ever used one of these?
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote