View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #14
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
you guys have me questioning my Garmin. Next time I do it I will see what the speed is again. I do know that I ditched a car that turn in behind me at sundance and caught a group of cars and had to slow down so I didn't run into the back of them. I couldn't see these cars when I passed Sundance and caught them about half way down, once I caught them and slowed to their pace, I was in the high 40's.
I don't question your speed so much as your HR. The sensor must not be staying in touch with your body. About 15 years ago I rode from Rexburg to Jackson, Wy and just outside of Jackson is a huge pass. We got going down the other side and at one point is a section of straight road. We were flying by cars and just barely got it into the 60's. It made me nervous and once was enough in my life.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6107830

I'm trying to up the distance that I can average over 20 mph and Friday evening I made it to 50 miles. Saturday I was looking to do it again but as I got going I could tell my legs were shot so I took it easy and saved myself for some golf after.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote