Thread: UFC 73 Stacked!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 AM   #26
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Elbows to the face cause cuts, cutting stops fights and puts fighters on the shelf for extended periods of time. Elbows are not necessary to finish opponents and I struggle with the idea that wrestlers get rewarded by way of tackles and elbows, it ruins MMA. It's why MMA didn't explode when Randleman and Coleman and Kerr were dominating the sport.

Your comments about Nogueira are laughable, seriously laughable. Save one kick he dominated the stand up and was constantly moving on the ground. Herring is a quality fighter and almost beat Fedor.

I didn't say Evans beat Tito, I said he should have beat Tito. Tito was gassed in the second and Evans didn't let his hands loose, I was very disappointed with that fight.

The Sherk fight sucked nuts, bad, salty nuts.

Pride is better than the UFC. Top to bottom the talent was better in Pride. Barnett, Fedor, Nogueira, Cro Cop (can't judge him on his one fight) Fedor's brother, all better or equal fighters than Sylvia or Randy at the heavyweight division.

Shogun, Silva of two years ago, Rampage, Henderson, Sokudjou, Arona, all better fighters than anyone at the LH division save Liddell, and Liddell couldn't hang in Japan.

Gomi, Diaz, Sakurai, all great fighters that can fight at 170 with the best in UFC.

Anderson Silva was a fighter who fought in Pride and was beat before coming to UFC, and as we know, nobody at 185 can hang with the dude.

The UFC does have better fighters I think from 155-170, but the Pride fighters can hang.

The open weight tourney is simple, fight outside of the US.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote