View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 08:20 PM   #33
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
My guess is that all three of them make an NBA development roster spot. I also bet that Cummard is drafted by the Celtics in the second round after next year. Plaisted has too much athletic ability for someone not to take a chance on him and try to develop him. Neville is long and will get a chance. Whether or not they ever crack an NBA top 12 roster, I don't know. But I bet all three make it through at least one NBA training camp with a roster spot.
Nevill is the only one of the three that has a legitimate shot at the NBA -- and that's only because of his size. Cummard is too frail and Plaisted, though he is athletic, plays below the rim. People go on and on about Plaisted's athleticism, but when was the last time you saw him use it in a game? Cummard and Plaisted are both great college players, but neither will play significant minutes in the NBA.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote