View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #40
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
How do we know it was unanimous?

Maybe it was a situation where TSM spoke, and everybody took it as the last word and so there wasn't a great debate.

If there was a debate and everyone agreed, then I'm at a loss. It's contrary to the Savior's teachings.
Based on my understanding of how the FP and Q12 work. For example, overturning the ban on blacks receiving the priesthood required unanimity. And it wasn't until 1978 that unanimity was achieved. There is reason to believe that prior to 1978 at one particular point just one person, an apostle at the time, succeeded in stopping the ban from being lifted. Harold B. Lee.

Now how this manual is developed, I have no idea. Was this particular point discussed specifically by the FP and the Q12? I don't know. But having Christofferson be the point person to the public on this sends a very clear message to me--that they are all 100% behind this.

The book "Rise of Modern Mormonism" (DOM biography) was hugely important for providing insight into how decisions are made at the highest levels of the church. And how powerful the FP is compared to the Q12. You can guarantee that this thing has the FP stamp of approval (which of course includes Uchtdorf).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote