View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #38
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The Boy Scout press release actually bothered me more. Not because it was more important. But because I perceived it as actually intending to deceive and lie. The idea that an apostle or apostles penned it gave me the exact opposite of comfort.

And to see Christofferson now sitting in that chair explaining why this is all about love. I couldn't finish watching.

And now all these Mormons on social media extolling this.

Does this feel more like Jesus or feel more like the pharisees? Who would more concerned about implications for "child of record" in the databases?

The other part that really bothers me is the idea that all the FP and the Q12 were unanimous in backing this. I can certainly accept that a majority would back it. But there wasn't one person who opposed it? Including Christofferson. Including Uchtdorf.

If I were a Bishop, could I actually implement this practice? Could I look a little child in the eye and tell her that her baptism has now been canceled. If the answer is "no" then maybe I shouldn't be a bishop, and maybe I shouldn't have a TR, and maybe I shouldn't have a calling at all. Maybe I don't belong.

Small tent Mormonism. Shrinking the stakes of zion.

My stake presidency said that what was decided is correct, because the Brethren could never lead us astray. The Lord would not allow it. Infallible.

Of course, we have to ignore all the times they were wrong in the past and have admitted they were wrong. Ignore what we said, we spoke with lesser light. Etc.

These are trying times.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote