View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #37
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

The Church has lost its way. It's non-doctrinal. If Jesus was unequivocal about anything it was about his acceptance and love for all children, no matter their parentage or circumstances.

The Pope just stated that priests are not to turn away anyone wanting baptism, even and especially babies and children of gay parents.

I don't think the leaders realize how damaging and misguided this policy is. I am a faithful and believing member of the Church. I've felt the Holy Ghost and won't deny it. And my spirit recoils at this. It's not right. It's hateful and spiteful. And the truth is as you said: keep gay parents and their children as far outside the Church as possible. They don't want to the possibility of gay families coming to church and looking and acting like . . . every other family.

The meteor has hit. The dinosaurs will go extinct.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote