View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 03:48 AM   #34
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
almost no one who is excommunicated for apostasy ever returns.
I imagine that stat was a key factor in the decision process. Obviously The Lord views apostate households as worse than any other degree of "error" including homes of agnostics, those with incomplete religions, or even those with inactive (but not apostate) parents. In other words, children of apostates stand in such danger to be misinformed and misdirected, that The Lord is mercifully not allowing them the opportunity to break covenants until they are 18. And "active" church members are choosing to be outraged by this?

Of the two great forces in the universe, who is the one who cheers when a person apostatizes, and cheers even more when that person extends the influence of his apostasy?

Now that the children of these apostates are given a larger shield of protection until they are of legal age, which of the universe's two great forces do you suppose is outraged by this move? Which of those two forces just felt a major strategy in his plan become frustrated?

Today, people are resigning from the church in protest that the children of apostates won't be able to do the same until they are 18.

It boggles my mind.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote