View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 AM   #42
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

My older brother and my dad taught me everything I know about football. They are the two most diehard fans I've ever met. For some inexplicable reason my older brother felt that it was crucial that he and my dad educate myself and my older sister on the game. My older sister still likes football, although she doesn't really like watching it on tv unless it's a big game.

My little sister did not get along with my older brother growing up, and therefore her education was lacking. She could care less about football. She understands only the basics of the game, and can only be persuaded to attend a game if I volunteer to pay for her ticket, and then get her really hyped up about how much fun it's going to be. She gripes at me if I make her leave "ridiculously early," but once I get her there she's decent company, and only asks questions inbetween plays. Well was, then she got engaged to a guy that...let's just say I've had to be very blunt with him about what my expectations are for the color of his attire at the UCLA game, and although it would appear that I'm going to get my own way, (since I told him he can't sit with us if he doesn't comply) he was offended and didn't speak to me for quite a while after that conversation.

So there you have it. I think education at a young age is the key.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote