View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #18
Lost Student

Lost Student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
48-3 UCLA. The oddsmakers only have UCLA as a 14 point favorite. If UCLA does not cover 14, I am done gambling for the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Who is your bookie, Bluehair? I need some of that action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
Even if they were middle of the Pac, I would think 48-3 is not unreasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
So since Utah is a middle of the Pac 10 team, you thinking they should beat this year's mighty Utah Utes closer to 56 or 63 - 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
24-7 UCLA.

Utah has a terrible run D. They miss Soliai and Talavou something fierce.

UCLA will rush for a ton of yardage chew up the clock and win by around 17 points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
Bruins 31-10. Has a familiar ring to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Losing Long for the next 5 weeks or so sure isn't going to help the run defense.

It's going to be ugly. I'll post pics of the massacre.
Quote:
I think you are right. UCLA is not that good. I don't believe they are a Top 10 team.

I have several reasons why I think 14 points is a lock.
#1- They beat Stanford 45-17. Stanford is better than Utah.
#2 - Utah can't score. I've got to believe UCLA can score at least 21.
#3- Utah can not stop the run.
#4- UCLA will rush 6 or 7 every down and cause multiple sacks and turnovers.
#5 UCLA's corners are good enough to cover Utah's All-American receivers in man coverage. BYU was able to beat the blitz by throwing to the tight ends. Utah doesn't use their tight ends very much. I suspect Utah will try a bunch of 5 wide sets and throw quick passes since they don't have a running back. Grady will get absolutely killed if he doesn't get rid of the ball quickly.

Maybe Whit comes up with a great defensive plan like he has so many time in the past and holds UCLA to 17 points. I just don't think they have the personnel to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
UCLA 38
Utah 6
Quote:
Where will the 20 points come from? They managed 12 against Air Force. Air Force is not really known for their stout defense. I think if Utah scores 20, it will have come from at least 2 defensive or special teams scores. The only way I could fathom Utah staying within 14 would be if they are +4 or 5 on turnovers. Olson did look perfectly capable of throwing a few picks, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickomatic View Post
One thing to think about with UCLA, 13 and 1 at home, they are 5 and 6 on the road and 1 and 1 on neutral field (bowl) games going back the past two years. UCLA is just not that good on the road.

LA will win 24 to 10 in an ugly game.
Sorry to revive an older thread, but I had to go back and catch up with all the mocking and laughing and such.

Lost Student is offline   Reply With Quote