Thread: Race Report: 5K
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
Ran in a 5 k race this past week. I think this is the first 5k race I have ever done now that I think of it.

It was happening in conjunction with a conference that I was attending so I decided to run it, by just showing up at the start and running without all that messy registration stuff.

Ran a 19:25. Hit the first mile at 6:05 and thought I was going way too fast, then was 12:25 or so at 2 miles, so I just tried to hold on for dear life and finish it out.

I almost feel somewhat fast. My fastest 5 k ever.

One thing that is dissapointing, my Nike+ calibration is horrible. When I finshed the race, it said that I had only run 2.73 miles. stupid ipod is shortchanging me.
Nice run piney. I can only dream of going that fast.

Speaking of iPod problems, a buddy and I were doing intervals this morning for our workout. Our target was 6-800m intervals at about 6:45 pace. My iPod was reading what I thought it should, between 6:45 and 7:00 pace. His, on the other hand, was between 30-45 secs slower than mine. I'd be ready to blow up at about .45 miles and he would say something like "Only about a minute to go".

He just calibrated his for the first time this past weekend, but I'm sure it was off. Steelblue and I have taken our iPods on the same run and finished very close to each other. Today, even with intervals, mine finished with nearly the exact same distance that it has for about a year (6.61 miles).
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote