View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #28
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to Johnny's last Wednesday and had the pastrami sandwich; for $10.50 I would like more than an 8 oz. sandwich but fwiw it was yum.

Went to Chano's and asked for the Chano's burrito, for the element of surprise. I'm not too sure what was on it but it was great. Afterwards I intended to drive to Pink's but the 101 was PACKED (at 10pm on a Saturday) so I took side roads like 3rd and Vermont, and got there in no time. However, the line was around the corner, and around the next corner, and around the next corner. Forget that. Stupid cultists. And by then my Chano's had settled in and I wasn't hungry anymore, so I intended to leave, but the 101 southbound was also at a snail's crawl, so I tried to work my way to the 10, again on side roads like Wilshire and Alameda, but apparently drove right past it and didn't realize it, therefore staying south on Alameda, until suddenly my maps pointed out that I was a mile from Compton. Hmm, maybe I could ask people to point me to the street where Boys N the Hood was filmed, and take pictures. Or not. Instead I U-turned and pulled into some dive called Hurcules Restaurant just off the 105 and Imperial Hwy, to find a highway link to San Diego, and some arrogant Korean/Laos/Hispanic/Thai/Malaysian mix employee bullied me into ordering something for using his parking lot. So I got a carne asada quesadilla, drove home and put it in the fridge, and just had it for breakfast, and it was as good as I've had.

On Tuesday I'll be in Solvang. Any recommendations there? I hope someplace has Kringles.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote