View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #24
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Agreed on Apple Pan. Great burgers....get the hickory burger. Also, everyone gets a slice of apple pie.

Your list was surprisingly devoid of Pinks. Pinks is an institution, so you really need to go at least once. To get the full experience...go late....like midnight. Nothing like standing in line for 45 minutes at midnight to get a hot dog.

FYI, Coles is closed down, at least for now. There was a lot of construction along 6th street and so Cole's closed up its shop. The signage is still there, so perhaps they will re-open at some point. Hopefully, because that place was good.

If you want to go to J-town, go to Shabu Shabu...always packed, open at weird hours, and very delicious.

For the moster burrito of all time, go to El Tepeyac in East LA.

If you are around during lunch hours....the best pastrami sandwich in the country....Langer's Deli on 7th and Alvarado. I plugged this one before, but it is worth it. Let me know if you plan on going.

Also, I will bet dollars to donuts that Sipi has eaten his fair share of late-night at Chano's. The old chorizo burrito is pretty tasty. Good luck understanding anything through that awful drive-through speakerbox.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote