View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #29
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly, I don't think anyone who cheers for any team should ever have to endure this kind of behavior ever.

There seems to be a prevailing thought among sporting event/concert ticket buyers/goers that purchasing a ticket to said event gives that individual license to essentially do whatever they want. This is infact not true.

When I worked security at the DC, we had to frequently remind patrons that even though they thought they could do and say whatever they wanted, they were in fact obligated to behave appropriately. When we were met with doubt, we showed them the back of their ticket stub, which contains language that describes what fans can or cannot do or at the very least, lets them know that they can be asked to leave the premisis if their behavior doesn't improve.

I never quite understood why someone would pay so much money to go to a concert or game and be gone by halftime...it just never made sense. Add to that any resistance, and the patron is banned from the premisis for an extended period of time.

There were a number of times at the DC when I had to step inbetween two Goliaths who could have very well killed me if they wanted to. Fortunately in those instances, cooler heads prevailed...the Laker/Jazz games and the Kiss/Aerosmith concerts were the worst.

That kind of behavior is uncalled for and should not be tolerated and unfortunately, happens all to frequently these days.

It is really unfortunate that you had a poor experience up on the hill.