View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #33
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post

It's this type of strict compartmentalization that will get us in trouble, I think. It's a type of formalism that ignores the reality of intention and purpose. Intentions matter. In vitro fertilization is designed to create and give life. The result of the procedure is that some embryos do not survive. The MAP is designed to destroy life. The result is a zygote is destroyed. The results may be the same, and focusing just on the results, you may find some moral equivalency. But when the purpose and the intention is brought into the equation, all moral equivalency is lost and the moral scales are tipped.
I agree. We had to have some living zygotes destroyed and used for research in our first in-vitro pregnancy and I never felt any remorse or pain of conscience. But I am an advocate for medical science picking up for God with the ladyfolk who don't give their significant others a lil' summin summin to grab onto. I understand that on unfortunate occasions some of our Cistern have been shortchanged in that vital gyrating area. Hence, perhaps my conscience is not the litmus test you all would like to use. I do think that landpoke is with me and would be a welcome home teaching comp.