View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #42
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Not impossible, just difficult. But that's again a distraction ... so they hold "informal" conference committees instead. They still held them in secret, and Pelosi still bears the responsibility of shoehorning her members into place. She didn't, and it's not the Senate's fault.
It isn't my distraction, it is yours. You made the argument about conference committees, not me. Pointing out that your distraction isn't an accurate distraction is, granted, yet a further distraction, but at least it is a clarifying one instead of a make-believe one.

Quote:
Wow, that is one hilarious read.

"But that effort fizzled when support for it didn’t materialize, insiders said."

Gee, wonder why. Must be those crazy stupid senators more afraid of the media than the "zero" evidence that the electorate hates this bill!

And this:

Ha! I remember when the Senate had constantly stymied Bush bills and/or nominees, and it was lauded by these same people. The filibuster was so sacrosanct we had Robert Byrd emerge with his "Gang of 14" declaring that they had "saved the Republic"! And now it's a broken institution? Give me a break.

And then this gem:

Apparently it hasn't occurred to this genius that these Senators have heard from their constituents. And they're saying: "Stop this bill!"

Good stuff, Cali. I really should read Kos more, and you really should read it less.
The point most certainly isn't to endorse whatever opinion the author has (most posters on Kos are reactionary), but to point you to the development cited in the post re the reconciliation process I informed you about (which is what I was directing your attention to when I gave you the link).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote