View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #37
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is what I personally find not only hypocritical, but really taints my view of the, "I really am happy this kid went on a mission crowd."

I am neither happy nor sad. If the kid in consultation with his family and ecclesiastical leaders wants to go. More power to him and I support him. I am not happy for him. It really isn't any of my business. I can't from a far guarantee he has made the best decision for him.

However, you find many, especially over on TBS who bemoan the fact a kid was going to go on a mission, but now won't because he is in the clutches of Pete Caroll. They get giz all over themselves when some kid announces he is leaving on a mission.

Fine, what bugs me is when a kid like Ben Olson goes on a mission and aguably messes up a legitimate shot at the pro's, instead of him being endeared to the faithful for as long as he lives, if he leaves BYU for UCLA the same "missionary" fans turn on him and wish him the trials of Job over and over again. The people that do that IMHO need to take a hard look at themselves.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote