View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #43
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Of course we don't need answers for everything, but if the church is lead by Jesus, why the inconsistency? The Lord isn't a lord of confusion, he is a Lord of absolution and love. Dispensational changes are understandable but as you put it, doctrinal changes where the power of God is distributed drastically different over a 125 year span? Seems weird the Lord would change his mind so drastically so quickly.
It would appear to me that you feel like you need an answer for anything you don't understand.

Quote:
So in your opinion, it wasn't the prophets saying racist things, it was the Lord saying them through his people? Please explain the mental gymnastics you had to do to reconcile the current comments by our prophet. (This is a dangerous line of thinking, imo)
Questioning what the Lord said in D & C is a dangerous line of thinking...

Quote:
So what about the differences in doctrine, since everything from a prophet to you is doctrine? Which prophet do I follow? Wilford Woodruff, John Taylor, Brigham Young, all said polygamy was never to leave the earth, and that the saints were to be practicing polygamists or they could not gain exaltation, am I screwed because the current prophet now says that we are well beyond and past polygamy? Why is Jesus changing his mind so much? Why the confusion?
You follow the living prophet, period, end of discussion. Why the change? I don't know, but when I do I'll let you know, until then, say a prayer and ask why.

Quote:
I uphold and follow the prophet, I think he gives us directives that are extremely valuable and we need to, in part, follow those to maintain certain relationships with our Heavenly Father and Savior.....BUT.....if everything the prophet says is doctrine and the will of the Lord, you are setting up the church to be a highly changing, fallible, and inconsistent organization. Absolutely different than the canon presented and accepted as the will of the Lord.
When the world stops changing, perhaps the Church will become more static

Quote:
... or the will of the Lord as you so matter of factly put it.
Go and read D & C, section 1.
stonewallperry is offline   Reply With Quote